Tuesday 16 February 2010

My fave running gadget: 310xt

Yup! I confess! I'm a gadget junkie and got a Garmin Forerunner 310XT recently, right after the Condura Race.
In the next race, I promise to just cross the finish line, get the medal and take off instead of hanging around and checking out what's inside the tents. Well... I must confess that I also got an Asics after having my foot scanned and examined by the two japs who flew in for the event. They said that since my right foot is longer (22.8 cm) and breadth wider (9.2cm) plus I'm flat footed and wearing a heel support, the best would be a Kayano. Yup! Sucker. Bought a pair.
I ran with both this evening. I am currently tinkering with the 310XT and downloading all the freebie stuff online (including blackberry). I must say I am very very happy because not only can I sync it to Mac [unlike my old polar watch], it is to boot, GPS-enabled and I can view the route on the tiny 1.3 x 0.8 inch screen!! And, it is water resistant up to 50-meters! Should I go snorkeling with it? ha ha...

No comments: