Wednesday 7 August 2013

Pet Shop Boys' Electric Tour in Manila

Pet Shop Boys rock Manila with opening number "Opportunity"
Can't believe that after more than 20 years, the Pet Shop Boys has finally decided to come to Manila!!!

I honestly didn't know that they were coming. Thank goodness Tessa P pulled me to watch last night! When I asked her kids though if they were joining, they kitted their brows and asked 'Pet Shop who? Who are they?'.  Ha ha.. Well I guess they can't relate since they weren't born then.

The Pet Shop Boys are an English duo who were smashingly popular in the late '80s and early '90 with their electronic pop, new wave, alternative music.

Neil Tennant and Chris Lowe met in 1981 and managed to survived after all these years. Note that they both do look a little bit older on stage. Neil is apparently 59 years old this year. But mind you, they still sound the same as before and man, they can still perform!

Tessa in full 1980s mode (center) and we're ready  to dance
I love the concert's club vibe with the criss-crossing laser lights, the giant video wall, the disco lights and kudos to their outfits  especially their head gear - from feathers, a disco mirrorball cap, minotaur heads and tangerine colored hats.

I must say though that of the Tour's 24 set list, they played only seven of their top hits! Seven!! They sang - West End Girls, Its a Sin, Always on My Mind, Opportunities, Suburbia, Domino Dancing and Go West.

This is Manila, they should have been tipped to play all their old songs so we can welcome them back with open arms. Just take a look at Tears For Fears, their second time around was so successful that tickets were sold out on the very first day. Paging organizers!!

I would've enjoyed the concert more if they played my favorites What have I done to deserve this', Where the streets have no name, etc.

Electric Tour Set list :
1. Axis
2. One More Chance/Face Like That
3. Opportunities (Lets Make Lots of Money)
4. Memory of the Future
5. Fugitive
6. Integral
7. I Wouldn't Normally Do This Kind of Thing
8. Suburbia

9. I'm Not Scared
10. Invisible
11. Last to Die
12. Somewhere
13. Leaving
14. Thursday
15. Love Etc.
16. I Get Excited
17. Rent
18. Miracles
19. It's a Sin
20. Domino Dancing

21. Go West
22. Always on My Mind

Encore:
23. West End Girls
24. Vocal

No comments: