Monday 19 October 2015

21 Stages of Meditation with Gurucharan Singh in Los Angeles

with Gurucharan Singh
Unbelievable that I was able to do 2 1/2 hours of Sodarshan Kriya. This is a powerful pranayama meditation which involves suspending the breath with the synchronized pumping of the navel with each chant of Wahe Guru for a total of 48 pumps.  Yogi Bhajan said that "of all the twenty two types of yoga, including Kundalini Yoga, this is the highest kriya. The meditation cuts through all darkness. The kriya means the perfect purification of the chakras. It will give you a new start. It is the simplest kriya, but at the same time, the hardest."

I am grateful to Dr. Gurucharan Kaur Khalsa for helping me sit through 2 1/2 hours. His 21 Stages of Meditation course helped me dive deep within.  The course was a total of six days in West Hollywood in Los Angeles. We started by doing 11-minutes meditation first, then gradually increased to 31-minutes, 62 minutes and finally the grand finale was the 2 1/2 hours of Sodarshan.

He said that "Meditation helps us develop our intuition which is a natural capacity within each of us that empowers us to relax, flow and be happy in our lives. With intuition, our core anxieties decrease and our minds can become still. We are fully engaged and alert in every moment as we let the Unknown serve us. The opposite of this meditative capacity is the frantic emotional and intellectual grasping for control that most of us live in from day to day."

with Tommy Rosen
It was the email of Tommy Rosen that prompted me to join the course. I was in Canggu, Bali in Guru Dass' Level 2 Conscious Communication course when I read his email.  Note that I was introduced to Tommy Rosen' when a friend, with a substance use disorder,  gave me a copy of his book entitled "Recovery 2.0". My friend said that the book changed his life and  helped him through his own recovery process and I must read it to help others. Since then I've subscribed to  Tommy Rosen, who has been in long term recovery and discovered kundalini yoga along the way. 

In that email he wrote "My wife and I took the course from Gurucharan last August and it was one of the most powerful experiences we've yet had. The effects continue to even now... The strength of my recovery and joy in my life depends upon me penetrating beyond the clutter and confusion of my mind to a deeper state of calm. This beautiful state is accessible by anyone as long as they have a good teacher and willingness to try... Gurucharan wrote the book and designed the 21 Stages course with Yogi Bhajan. It is very special to be able to take the course directly from him...  I consider this to be some of the most important work we can be doing, which is to get in touch with our True Nature, to gain mastery over our minds and live authentically from our hearts. If this resonates with you, register today." 

It did resonate. I registered immediately and in two months, Gurucharan was right n front of me teaching the three stages on how to develop the tendencies of the mind. It was mind blowing and I believe I'll do this course again. Sat nam.

No comments: