Thursday 14 May 2020

Pivoting to online teaching this ECQ

Week 10, day 61. The government has extended the enhanced community quarantine (ECQ) for another two weeks and called it "modified" enhanced community quarantine (MECQ).

The MECQ will be implemented in areas tagged as containment zones. These areas with less than 20 cases. It still feels like a lockdown with movement limited within the zone for essential services and work. There are selected manufacturing and processing plants that are allowed to resume operations up to a maximum of 50 percent workforce. There is still no public transportation operating. And, schools are still suspended.

The good news is we are allowed to go out and walk around to exercise. A few weeks ago, I was experiencing cabin fever and I was a bit distressed, to be honest. I'm now sort of getting used to this ECQ or MECQ way of life and learned to pivot to survive.

I'm definitely grateful for the technology of zoom to keep me connected to everyone and even use it as a platform to teach yoga online. I don't think there will be face-to-face opportunities soon so I'll continue teaching online until the yoga studio opens, and if it opens.

Kundalini Yoga at Life Yoga studio.

I'm sharing a throwback to 2016 when I was teaching at Life Yoga studio. I didn't know that there was a reporter who joined the class. I guess it was a full moon class. She wrote "It was, in my head, one of the most unusual yoga classes I have ever attended, beginning with a discourse on the significance and meaning of the full moon, followed by some astrological trivia, and then chanting... It's not exactly what you'd expect of a typical yoga class, but the results to be felt almost immediately, are also not quite like any other. .. Remember the gong I was saying that the teacher plays at the end of the class? It's my favorite part - the melodies striking of the gong sending soft waves through my body. After the class, you'll feel lighter inside, with a more positive demeanor. "

Come to join my online class if you haven't. There's no gong though. It's strange that the gong's overtones won't go over zoom. I teach Kundalini Yoga every Monday and Thursday at 5:00 pm, with Aegle Wellness every Thursday at 11:00 am and with Rebel Yoga Manila every Sunday at 10 am. I also teach workshops and do private classes. Here's the link to my online class schedule.



It's another two weeks, whether you are alone or with people you love, always stay safe and look out for each other.

No comments: